The Data Controller and their contact information
Limited liability company “RSC Noma”, registration No. 40103280097, legal address: Granīta iela 13, Riga, LV-1057, hereafter RSC Noma.
RSC Noma can be notified regarding possible data protection violations by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the processing of personal data can be sent to this e-mail address or to the legal address of RSC Noma.
Personal data is any kind of information about an identified or identifiable natural person.
- natural persons – customers of RSC Noma (including potential, former and current customers);
- visitors of the internet webpages maintained by RSC Noma;
- persons whose personal data is processed in social networks in connection with the marketing activities organized by RSC Noma.
RSC Noma processes the following Customer data:
- name, surname;
- identity code and/or date of birth (for persons that do not have an assigned identity code);
- address, e-mail, phone number
RSC Noma cares for the privacy of its Customers and the protection of personal data, and respects the rights of its Customers regarding the legality of processing personal data according to the applicable legislation – the Personal Data Processing Law, the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereafter – Regulation), and other applicable legislation in the field of privacy and data processing.
The goal of processing personal data
RSC Noma processes personal data for the following purposes:
- providing services and selling products;
- identifying customers;
- drafting and concluding contracts;
- supplying products and services (implementing contractual obligations);
- developing new products and services;
- advertising and distributing products and services, that is, for commercial purposes;
- customer service;
- reviewing objections or claims;
- customer retention, improving loyalty, measuring customer satisfaction;
- administration of payments;
- debt recovery and collection.
And other specific purposes to which the Customer agrees at the point of providing the corresponding data to RSC Noma, including but not limited to maintaining webpages and mobile applications, improving their operation, business planning and analytics, customer safety and protection of the company property.
Legal basis for processing personal data
RSC Noma processes the personal data of the Customer on the following legal basis:
- for concluding and implementing contracts – in order to conclude the contract upon receiving the Customer’s application and ensure its implementation (a contract can also be an oral agreement regarding the purchase of a product or service);
- for complying with legislation – in order to comply with the binding obligations placed on RSC Noma by external legislation;
- on the basis of the consent provided by the Customer;
- legitimate interest – in order to protect the legitimate (lawful) interests of RSC Noma arising from the liabilities existing between RSC Noma and the Customer, or arising from a contract or from the law.
The legitimate interests of RSC Noma are:
- conducting its commercial activity;
- verifying the identity of the Customer prior to purchasing specific products or services;
- ensuring the implementation of contractual liabilities;
- storing the Customer’s applications for purchasing products and providing services;
- conducting activities for attracting and/or retaining Customers;
- segmenting the customer database in order to provide services more efficiently;
- developing products and services;
- advertising products and services by sending commercial messages;
- sending other notifications regarding contract implementation and significant events that impact contract implementation, as well as conducing Customer surveys regarding products and services and their experiences in using them;
- preventing fraudulent activity impacting the company;
- ensuring corporate management, financial and business accounting and analytics;
- ensuring efficient company management processes;
- ensuring and improving service quality;
- administering payments;
- informing the public about the activity of the company.
Processing of personal data
RSC Noma processes Customer data using modern technologies, taking into account the existing privacy risks and the organizational, financial and technical resources available to RSC Noma.
RSC Noma may carry out automated decision-making regarding the Customer. The Customer is separately notified about such activities of RSC Noma according to the law.
Automated decision-making that creates legal consequences for the Customer (for example, confirmation or rejection of the Customer application) may be carried out only in the context of concluding or implementing a contract between RSC Noma and the Customer, or on the basis of an unequivocal consent of the Customer.
Personal data protection
RSC Noma protects the Customer’s data using modern technologies, taking into account the existing privacy risks and the organizational, financial and technical resources that are reasonably available to RSC Noma, including through the use of the following safety measures:
- intrusion protection and detection software;
- other safety measures according to the latest technological developments.
Categories of personal data recipients
RSC Noma does not divulge to third parties the Customer personal data or any information received during the provision of services and implementation of contracts, including information about products and services received, with the exception of the following cases:
- on the basis of a clear and unequivocal consent of the Customer;
- to persons indicated in external legislation upon receiving a motivated request according to the procedure and scope defined in the external legislation;
- in cases defined in external legislation for the purpose of protecting legitimate interests of RSC Noma, for example, upon bringing legal action against parties that have violated the legitimate interests of RSC Noma.
Transferring personal data
RSC Noma does not transfer Personal data to third parties, unless reasonably required to do so in order to be able to conduct its commercial activity, ensuring that the corresponding third parties maintain the confidentiality of the Personal data and provide adequate protection.
RSC Noma has the right to entrust and transfer the processing of personal data and the sending of commercial messages to its authorized data processor Maksekeskus AS, in compliance with the requirements of Latvian law regarding the protection of personal data and sending commercial communication.
Access of third-country subjects to personal data
RSC Noma does not transfer personal data to third countries (outside of the European Union and the European Economic Area).
Duration of storing personal data
RSC Noma stores and processes Customer personal data while at least one of the following criteria remains in force:
- only as long while the contract concluded with the Customer remains in force or while a service is being provided to the Customer;
- the data remains necessary for the purpose for which it was collected;
- while the application of the Customer is being reviewed and/or implemented;
- while RSC Noma or the Customer may implement their legitimate interests according to the procedure defined in external legislation (for example, submit objections or bring claims to court);
- while a legal obligation exists for RSC Noma to store the data;
- while the Customer’s consent for the specific data processing remains in force, unless another legal basis for the data processing exists.
After the circumstances listed in this clause terminate, the personal data of the Customer is deleted. Audit trail documentation is stored at least a year after it is recorded.
Access to personal data and other rights of the Customer
The Customer has the right to receive the information prescribed by the legislation in connection with the processing of their data.
The Customer, according to the law, also has the right to request from RSC Noma access to their personal data, as well as request that RSC Noma supplement, correct or delete such data, or limit processing in regards to the Customer, as well as the rights to object to data processing (including to personal data processing that is carried out on the basis of legitimate interests of RSC Noma), as well as rights to data portability. Such rights can be implemented insofar as the data processing is not carried out in compliance with the obligations of RSC Noma according to existing legislation and in the interests of the public.
The Customer can submit a request for implementing their rights either:
- in writing in the RSC Noma offices in Riga (address – Granīta iela 13, Riga, LV-1057) or by mail;
- by e-mail, using a secure electronic signature, to the e-mail address – email@example.com.
Upon receiving a request from the Customer regarding the implementation of their rights, RSC Noma verifies the identity of the Client, evaluates the request and implements it according to the law.
RSC Noma sends a response to the Customer by mail to the contact address indicated using a registered letter or by e-mail using a secure electronic signature (if the application was submitted with a secure electronic signature), taking into account (as far as possible) the preferred method of notification indicated by the Customer.
RSC Noma ensures the implementation of data processing and protection requirements according to the law, and upon receiving objections from the Customer takes measures to resolve the issue. However, if this fails, the Customer has the right to appeal to the supervisory authority – the Data State Inspectorate.
The Customer has the right to receive free of charge a single copy of their data that is processed by RSC Noma.
RSC Noma pledges to ensure the correctness of personal data and relies on its customers, suppliers and other third parties that submit personal data to ensure the completeness and correctness of the personal data that they submit.
Consent of the Customer to data processing and the right to revoke
For personal data processing that is carried out on the basis of a consent (for example, receiving commercial messages, personal data analysis, receipt of loyalty cards), the Customer issues the consent for processing personal data in person in the RSC Noma offices (in writing), using the RSC Noma internet webpage or mobile applications, or in any other place where RSC Noma organizes marketing activities.
The Customer may at any time revoke their consent for data processing in the same manner it was originally provided and/or according to the procedure described in the previous clause (Access to personal data and other rights of the Customer).
In that case further data processing on the basis of the consent given for the specific purpose shall not be carried out.
Revoking consent does not affect data processing that was carried out while the Customer’s consent was in force.
Revoking consent does not terminate data processing that is carried out on a different legal basis.
RSC carries out commercial communication regarding the services of RSC Noma and/or third parties and other messages that are not directly connected with providing services according to concluded contracts (for example, customer surveys) according to the requirements of the law or in accordance with the consent provided by the Customer.
RSC may carry out communication, including in connection with commercial messages, using automated calls or electronic communication equipment.
The Customer issues the consent for receiving commercial messages from RSC Noma and/or its partners in person in the RSC Noma offices (in writing), using the RSC Noma internet webpage or mobile applications, or in any other place where RSC Noma organizes marketing activities.
The consent provided by the Customer for receiving commercial messages remains in force until it is revoked (even after the termination of the services contract).
The Customer may at any time opt out of receiving further commercial messages:
- by sending an e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by phone, using the number + 371 67846396;
- by submitting a written application to the RSC Noma offices;
- by using the automated opt-out option included in the commercial message, by clicking on the opt-out link at the end of the corresponding commercial message (e-mail).
RSC Noma shall terminate the sending of commercial messages once the application of the Customer is processed. Processing of applications depends on technical capacity, and may demand up to three days.
By expressing their opinion in surveys and submitting their contact information (e-mail, phone number), the Customer agrees that RSC Noma may contact them using the contact information they provided in connection with the assessment provided by the Customer.
Webpage visits and processing cookies:
Office business hours:
Monday – Friday
07:30 – 16:30